Monday, April 1, 2013

These Boots Are Made For Walking...

Siena and I have been taking lots of walks. It helps with curbing / channeling her energy and it's good for me to get out too. So win-win.

The only issue is the wet snow and dirt. Yes it is April 1 and we still have lots and lots of snow on the ground. Temps are still in the 30s. So our Siena is a complete and total mess after even just a short walk. And it's not just the paws. It's the "undercarriage" as we like to call it.

Moscow is SO SO dirty and mix in a little rain / slush when the weather is slightly above freezing (or even when it's below freezing for that matter) and...well, you get a dog with a wet, grimy, matted mess of a coat.

So then you spend almost as much time wiping and cleansing as you spent on the actual walk...and then she needs to go out again and the whole process starts over!

wet. wet. wet. dirty. wet.
But really these walks are great for both of us. I know I feel better afterwards. And once the snow all melts and the rain gets less, I know it will be very nice for us.

The other interesting thing I stumbled on while walking was an ad for a fencing tournament! Totally thought of our wunderkind fencing nephew S when I saw it.

hey, cool, a Moscow fencing tourney!


No comments:

Post a Comment