Saturday, November 16, 2013

Bonjour!

Hi from La Cote d'Azur! Scott had a conference in Cannes, France this week so what better idea than for Beau and me to accompany him to the South of France?

Coincidentally, Beau's Russian visa is about to expire next week (because of various snafus, in October we were only able to get him a tourist visa which is good for 28 days) and then we learned late in the process that we actually had to leave the country to get his longer term (ie 1 year multi-entry) visa. So why not get it from France, where we planned on being for a week in November already?

View of Nice from airplane on our way in.
As a result, this week I've been eating my way around Cannes with my sidekick Beau. I'm only half-kidding. I seriously cannot. stop. eating. the BREAD! It is SO good. Alas, no real foodie photos because I keep eating everything before I can take any. Oops.

But here's a photo of the water from the hotel room and one from one of our walks. Pretty terrific location! I'd appreciate it a lot more if I wasn't always closing the curtains to get the boy to nap for more than 30 minutes at a time.

hotel room view (curtains parted temporarily for this shot)
not bad, not bad at all.

  And look at how cute he is most of the time when he's awake...irresistible!

Captain Beau reporting for duty on the French Riviera!
Anyway,  due to his lack of schedule right now, Beau and I have spent a lot of time in our little hotel room, nursing, pacing, rocking, singing and trying not to go crazy from lack of sleep. On a side note, how cute is this hotel room chair? I love it.

It swivels, too! Cool-looking AND comfortable, especially for nursing.
"home" for 5 days

Here's a nice shot of Scott giving Beau a bottle while I ate dinner. 


Once Scott's conference is over, we're going to Nice for another week or so (still waiting for the visa...I know, such a rough life...), which should be very 'nice.' :)


No comments:

Post a Comment