Sunday, December 15, 2013

Shopping at Metro round 2

Another successful trip to Metro under my belt. Still can't get over how huge that store is! But it's fantastic because they have such a range of products.

Some new (funny) take aways:
1) when I told R the nanny where I was going she thought I was talking about the subway (as in the public transit system which is also called "Metro"). I even said "May-trah." She only realized what I really meant when I got back and she saw my shopping bags. She said, "ahhhhh, Mee-yeh-trah," so I guess my pronunciation was juuuuust a bit off. This is so typical.  I try all the time to say things 'pa ruskie' and they never understand me. I know my accent is awful, but it is so frustrating!

2) been looking for hot chocolate -- I mean, it was 9 degrees farenheit outside the other day, so kinda perfect for hot chocolate. Found these pretty packages in the instant coffee section and thought they might be hot chocolate. They were next to some canisters of powdered chocolate Nesquik, so why not?

Got home and looked up the words on the packaging....which means cocoa powder....darn. Should have looked it up while I was at the store but I didn't want to waste time. :( So now I'm stocked for life with 3 boxes of this fancy cocoa powder!

3) Found SKIM milk in my favorite brand for the first time ever! This was the only carton to be found, which makes me nervous but....still exciting!


4) bought this big bag of Brussels sprouts and the first bag I picked up had a hole in it so I dumped Brussels sprouts all over the floor. Ugh, so embarrassing in any country!



5) got some more mysterious chocolate covered cookies. This time I know they're gingerbread. But the question is, with what are they filled?? :-)



6) Finally, who knew the word for "bandaid" was SO LONG in Russian!?


1 comment:

  1. I have a recipe for an amazing chocolate cake (really easy--promise) with cocoa powder. I'll find it for you! And you can *make* hot chocolate with cocoa powder--that's how they used to do it! Milk and cocoa and sugar on the stove!! It will be the BEST hot chocolate you'll ever have!!

    ReplyDelete