Tuesday, January 28, 2014

More Pigeon Russian 101

Speet, spahl, boodit spaht


I've been mentally unable to retain the correct translation of the word SLEEP in Russian. R the nanny has probably said it 40 times and I get it wrong every time I try and initiate a sentence with it in there. Seriously, SLEEP is such a big deal with babies, it's kind of a critical bit of vocabulary that I really need!

But with R's help (have I mentioned she has the patience of a saint?) I think I finally got it. Or, "pa-ni-lah" as they say pa Russkie.

January 24
Бо спит ("speet") = Beau sleeps (present tense).
Бо спал ("spahl") = Beau slept (past tense).
Бо будет спать ("boodit spaht") = Beau will sleep (future).

Now that I've officially "written" it down, maybe it will stick. Russian is one tough language to crack!

P.S. I lost my little notebook where I keep all my new words -- not cool. I know it's somewhere in the apartment but it is MIA right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment