Monday, January 20, 2014

Stroller-un-friendliness

In order to cross Tverskaya Ulitsa, the huge, really wide avenue where we live, you have to go underground. There are actually three underground passageways within walking distance of our apartment (yay!) however none of them are very stroller-friendly (ugh!). I will say that one passageway has an elevator, but alas, it doesn't always work. So if you get there and it's out of order, you either turn around and go home or you lift your stroller down and back up all the steps.

Needless to say, this is a major source of stress for me. Basically I just don't take Beau out by myself if I have to cross the street. Kind of limiting.

At the base of the only set of stairs to get across the street. Somehow Scott thinks it's funny that we have to carry the stroller up and down all these steps every time we go to our favorite diner (read: the only one in town). It just makes me want to cry and curse out the Russians.

This is the Russian version of a handicapped-accessible ramp. If your wheels aren't the exact same width as these metal rails, well then, you're just out of luck.

More stairs on the other end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment