Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pee on a plate part 2

This has really been a busy week for Siena. I used to think she was low maintenance!

Yesterday I brought another urine sample to the lab using my patented "plate collection" method (see previous post on this topic). Prior to the holidays they said we needed to retest for crystals to see if the medicine and new food are working.

My only observation this time around is that the vet clinic / lab where I went looks exactly how I envisioned a Russian [people] hospitals would look: cold, crumbling and not necessarily all that sterile. The people clinic that I go to is not at all like this, thankfully! And this vet was quite busy; I even saw two Goldens in the waiting room so they must be legit. The building is just kind of sad and worn out looking.  



This is the door to the lab: "laboratoria" is what the sign under the 7 says. 

Clearly they're not spending rubles on decor. The good news is it's only $10 for a urine culture. Unheard of in the States!

Cross your fingers that the results come back clean and that we don't need to continue the special, expensive urinary tract food and more importantly, that we don't need another ultrasound or more medication!

No comments:

Post a Comment